Attaching a signed, printed label to an artwork or collectible provides reassurance to buyers in two important ways:
It establishes a link between the physical object and its digital certificate
It allows you to sign the work in a way that your signature can be verified
These signals give buyers confidence in the authenticity of the artwork or collectible you are selling and demonstrate your professionalism as the artist, creator or seller. Please note: labels are only available to Premium and Business Plan users.
Generate a label
1. Log into your Verisart account
2. Go to your dashboard and find the certificate you want to download a label for
3. Click the download icon on the certificate card
4. Select 'Label'
5. This triggers a PDF download of a single sheet with 4 labels
Print and attach a label
1. Open the PDF file you downloaded
2. Insert a blank sheet of 4 self-adhesive address labels
The PDF file with the labels is designed to work for standard US and European paper sizes.
3. Print the labels
There are 4 labels on the sheet to accommodate artworks with multiple parts, in most cases just one label is all you need.
4. Sign the label you will attach to the artwork
Use permanent ink to clearly sign the label below the image.
5. Attach the label to the back of the artwork or in a secure location