Attaching a signed, printed label to an artwork or collectible provides reassurance to buyers in two important ways:
It establishes a link between the physical object and its digital certificate
It allows you to sign the work in a way that your signature can be verified
These signals give buyers confidence in the authenticity of the artwork or collectible you are selling and demonstrate your professionalism as the artist, creator or seller. Labels are available on all our paid plans.
Generate a label
1. Log into your Verisart account
2. Go to your dashboard and find the certificate you want to download a label for
3. Click the download icon on the certificate card
4. Select 'Label'
5. This triggers a PDF download of a single sheet with 2 labels
Print and attach a label
1. Open the PDF file you downloaded
2. Insert a blank sheet of self-adhesive address labels
The PDF file with the labels is designed to work for standard US and European paper sizes.
3. Print the labels
There are 2 labels on the sheet, one with your digital signature and one with a blank label.
4. Sign the label
If you choose the blank label, add your wet ink signature
5. Attach the label to the back of the artwork or in a secure location